Did you know that homes listed on the Internet looking great from the outside in, get on the buyer’s list of homes to see?
The above photos show how backwards home owners can be when deciding to get their homes ready to sell. The white front door is the way the home looked while the inside was staged. After the home owners decided to cancel the contract for staging, it was decided to paint the home. Looks a lot better, doesn’t it? Why it was done AFTER the staging contract was cancelled is confusing to me.
Taking care of your home is a lot of work. I’m guilty, even as a home stager, of not keeping up. I’m sure you’ve seen a list like this before, but it doesn’t hurt to be reminded.
- Get rid of rubbish, dead plants and broken or beat up patio furniture
- Clean up the pool area and make sure the water is clean
- Paint the front door and trim a great color – DC Redesign can help you with a color choice
- Don’t get rid of your gardener just yet, or if it’s you (like me) – prune, feed plants, mow the lawn and remove any dead plants or flowers
- Driveway, walkways and patios should be free of leaves and dirt
Once you feel your home is ready for staging, call DC Redesign Home Staging for a free design consultation to stand out from other houses on the market in your price range and neighborhood. Contact Rachel Yehiel, 714-335-2413 to inquire about pricing and appointments. Rachel@dcredesign.com or Diane Concialdi, 714-815-3506, email@example.com We would love to meet with you and offer a couple of suggestions. We also offer Conceptual Staging!